Vacation—a tricky subject, especially with business owners. Many business owners, executives, and managers avoid taking vacations because they are anxious to leave the business behind.
- 40% of Americans don’t take time off for vacation
- 169 million unused days of vacation are wasted per year
- 25% of Americans receive no time off, ever
But, what are the benefits of vacations? Vacation and the value of taking time off for leisure, is scientifically proven to improve your life.
- Vacations cut your risk of heart attack—by 50% for women!
- It boosts your energy reserves, allowing you to perform at your best
- It helps the economy—if every person took their allotted vacation, we’d see a $160 billion boost in the economy
- Vacation forces you to improve your workflow
- Vacations can make you a better boss
According to Mental Floss, “Nearly 85 percent of executives surveyed for a study said that they have canceled a vacation because they couldn’t get away from work. In the long-term, this kind of behavior is really just hurting the company. When bosses take time off, they return with more creativity and are able to think about the company’s future more clearly.”
It's time for a summer vacation, for you and your team!