Drug and alcohol abuse is on the rise. We know that both anecdotally and through statistical analysis of post-traumatic events and current marijuana sales. Experts predict it will likely worsen, not improve, with time. Complexity in drug testing comes in when employees are no longer willing to go to clinics, for fear they will contract COVID-19.
On-site drug testing has never been a better investment in your team. For years we have recommended on-site testing because it eliminates the opportunity for chronic users to cheat the test. Now, we recommend it because it will keep your employees safe, allowing them to be testing in an environment you know is COVID-19 free through your daily health scans.
The benefits of on-site testing include:
- Rate of return as high as 400% within two years
- Greatly reduced employee downtime. No more travel time to the clinic or wait time at the clinic, or maybe even a trip home or to run an errand. The average employee’s away time from the office for drug testing is three to as much as four hours.
- The “errand” is often to source a urine sample to substitute or to purchase synthetic urine--both strategies to beat the test. With on-site testing, there is less chance of adulteration (i.e., tampering or manipulation of a specimen). This allows for maximum quality control.
- Eliminated liability of having employees driving in Houston traffic during office hours.
- Convenience. The necessary supplies and technicians will be brought to your workplace, and you can schedule large sessions with short notice.
Now is the time to begin adapting your business to the new normal. If you have questions about randoms or pre-employment screening to keep your workforce safe and productive, please let us know.
Experts say that drug and alcohol abuse increases substantially after a crisis--after Hurricane Katrina, they saw an increase in drug and alcohol abuse of more than 35 percent. Now, researchers expect to see that type of increase throughout the country. Begin planning now for what comes next.